Lighting Design & Layout Service
Excellence in lighting may be achieved by good engineering practice and we can help you achieve this. Craft Metal Products, Inc. has been successfully lighting hundreds of Churches, Libraries, Hotels, Restaurants and other public buildings each year for more than 60 years. This design and layout service is offered to Architects, Engineers, Designers and Building Owners.
Items which will allow us to help you achieve better lighting are:
- Building dimensions (length, width, & height of the ceiling) - We may need additional details or copies of plans for buildings with unusual shapes or unusual ceilings.
- Pictures - Use a camera phone or digital camera to take the following pictures. For Church buildings, at least 2 pictures should be taken wall to wall and floor to ceiling (1 from the entry looking towards the platform and 1 from the platform looking towards the entry). Take additional pictures of a balcony, platform, existing lighting fixtures and any other appropriate areas.
- Locations of lighting on the ceilings and walls in existing buildings (length, width, and height) including current lamps and wattages
- Locations of structural members such as beams, purlins and columns
- Location of balconies (height of balcony floor above main floor and the number and height of balcony seating risers)
- Location and height of platform or stage
- Locations of the seating or specific areas that need to be illuminated
- Building style and fixture style that you wish to use (If you are not sure about this, we will be pleased to help you find a fixture style that matches.)
You may send your building information to us by e-mail at , fax, or US mail. Please include appropriate names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses with all drawings or correspondence. If they are available, we prefer architectural drawings in CAD format (.dxf or .dwg). We will also accept other electronic files, paper copies or sketches. Please do not send originals. You will receive an acknowledgement followed by an appropriate lighting proposal specific to your building.